Critical Whiteness, Racial Justice, Sexual & Gender Liberation, Participatory Action Research
Activist/ Scholar/Therapist/ Community Work
Co-Squad Leader, 2016-present. Diversity Committee, Maple Street School, Brooklyn, NY. Co-facilitator, 12/4/16 Freedom Songs: Racial and Social Justice Post Election Potluck.
Member, 2015-present. Diversity and Equity Committee, Gestalt Center for Psychotherapy and Training, NYC. Co-planner, 12/10/16 Post Election Community Discussion.
Co-trainer, 2015, Multicultural Counseling trainings. Gestalt Center for Psychotherapy and Training, NYC.
Co-Planner, 2011 Growing Up Policed: Surveilling Racialized Sexualities
Co-Planner, 2010-2011, Bodying in Queer Theory and Politics: Race and the Global Queer Body Seminar Series (Joint masterclass and lecture series). QUNY, Graduate Center of CUNY.
- “Queer Imprisonments, Queer (In)justice.” 5/18/11. Joey L. Mogul and Andrea J. Ritchie
- “Ashley X: Private Matters, Public Life.” 4/27/11. Lezlie Frye
- “Fat, the First Lady, and Fighting the Politics of Health Science.” 2/25/11. Dr. Bianca Wilson
- “The Time and Place of Violence: Love, Hate, Genocide, and Vitality in the Gentrifying Ghetto.” 11/30/10-12/1/10. Dr. Jin Haritaworn
Co-Founder and Co-Researcher, 2007-2010, Welfare Warriors Research Collaborative, Participatory Action Research Project of the Welfare Organizing Project, Queers for Economic Justice (now closed).
Member, since 2010, Public Science Project
Coordinator, 2006-2007. “Latino/a and Caribbean Psychology Speakers Series,” Social/Personality Psychology program of the Graduate Center of CUNY
Member, Race Traitor, 1998-2000. Anti-police brutality activism.
Support to Welfare Warriors, 1995-1996. Movement to preserve entitlement to public assistance.
Co-author, 2010. A Fabulous Attitude: Low Income LGBTGNC People Surviving and Thriving on Love, Shelter and Knowledge. Welfare Warriors Research Collaborative of Queers for Economic Justice. Data Supplement to A Fabulous Attitude.
Co-Editor and Contributor, 2003-2005, Whiteprivilege.com (website defunct)
Co-Author, 2000, “A Murder by the Police,” research pamphlet documenting police brutality. New York New Abolitionists.
White Supremacy, White Privilege, and Resistance. Workshop.
- Sarah Lawrence College, Bronxville, NY, 9/05
- LGBT Center, Breaking Walls Building Bridges Youth Conference, NY, NY., 10/03
- United Methodist Seminars on National & International Affairs, United Nations, NY, NY., 2002-03
From Awareness to Action: Disengagement and Reorientation in Becoming White Allies. Presentation
- New England Women’s Studies Association, Code Red Conference, U. Conn., Storrs, CT, 4/04
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, Creating Change Conference, Miami, FL, 11/03
Supporting the Authentic Self: Gestalt Therapy with Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender People. 1/2 day workshop.
- Gestalt Center for Psychotherapy and Training, NY, NY., 2/04
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, & Transgender Community Center, NY, NY., 12/02
- Hunter College School of Social Work, NY, NY., 11/02
Building an Anti-Racist Movement Conference-wide anti-racism workshops. Co-facilitator.
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, Creating Change Conference, Miami, FL,11/03
- National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, Creating Change Conference, Portland, OR, 11/02